Saturday July 27, 2024

Second Life - Exploring a virtual world
  Posted by: AceBHound on Mar 24th, 2005 10:35 PM
Second Life is an interesting game in which you interact with a virtual world of objects and players. It's kindof like the Circuit City commercials they have stressing the point of being able to play with anything in the store. You join thousands of other online players in exploring a virtual world of scripted objects and environments.

I'm not so sure I like it more than Ragnarok Online, which is a MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game). I guess it's nice for some people to socialize and play around with objects and I suppose if you're into buying real-estate and creating objects to sell within the game, it can be intriguing. Although the game has its own form of currency, you can also front "1st world" (aka.. US dollars) to buy your way into wealth or large lots of land. Part of me wonders if games like these will be as addicting to some people as Everquest. Regardless, Second Life has a 7-day free trial if you're willing to give them your credit card info. Check it out just to see what the fuss is about.

View More Techdose Articles