Sunday April 30, 2017

Vizio VHT510 Subwoofer and Sound Bar Not Pairing
  Posted by: AceBHound on Oct 25th, 2015 5:47 PM
This is going to be a long shot. The year is 2015 and I'm having issues with a Vizio VHT-510 (VHT510) wireless sound bar / subwoofer. The subwoofer isn't connecting with the sound bar.. so no audio out of the rear speakers or the sub. LED blink code on the subwoofer indicates a wireless link is established, but audio is not detected. I opened up the subwoofer & it has a power supply and another board that's essentially the MCU / sound board / amp. Don't see anything visibly wrong -- most of the audio board is surface mount. Don't see any electrolytic caps that are bad. If anyone out there has a VHT-510 where the subwoofer and soundbar stopped pairing and was able to fix it, I'd like to hear it. I have 25v going into the audio board from the power supply. There's an led (D5 I think) that blinks rapidly on the audio board that I'd assume indicates the Atmel chip is running. There's another led that blinks when the subwoofer is powered up next to IC20. No schematics. Only used this system a handful of times, but left the subwoofer powered on.. probably killed it quicker that way. I know other people have had the same issue, hoping someone has a fix. If I figure out anything I'll post it myself.

View All Articles